Have Kristyn Crow visit your school or conference event!
Conference speaking presentations
I can do one of the following presentations, or with advance notice, I can address a topic of your choice. Each of the following is approximately 20 – 30 minutes. I will conclude with a question/answer session.
- A Rat from Manhattan – Who I am, how I became an author, the story of my first publication.
- “Have I written a good picture book manuscript?” Useful criteria to help analyze your work, compiled by a group of published authors.
- “So you want to write a picture book?” Nitty-gritty information about how to improve your chances of getting published.
What you you need to provide:
- A PowerPoint projector with speakers for sound, and hook-ups for a standard PC laptop.
- A screen in a room that can get dark enough for the audience to see the images adequately.
- A microphone with a stand, or a clip-on mike.
- A table (or cart) for the projector and my laptop to rest on, with extension cords long enough to reach from that table to the outlet. (I’ll need two plugs in addition to the plug you’re using for the projector. A power strip would make things easier.)
- Staff assistance, if necessary, with crowd control.
- A glass or bottle of water. Thanks so much for this!
- As much technical set-up completed prior to my arrival as possible.
Preparations prior to my visit:
I’d love it if the audience had some familiarity with me and my books prior to my visit.
If elementary schools advertised my books beforehand using fliers or announcements, students could purchase them at the end (or in advance) of my visit. I will personally sign copies. I’ll need advance notice to order books for the visit.
I will be flexible in working with schools to determine a fee that is fair and reasonable. If I’ll be traveling some distance I’ll need those expenses covered. Please e-mail me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org